Sunday, October 21, 2007

Never Let Her Slip Away - Andrew Gold

In the late 80's and early 90's I was gaining conscious and more of an identity apart from my parents. That was clear in the music I enjoyed listening to.

There was a stage where I heard quite a number of catchy tunes that stuck in the head but I never knew who wrote it or performed it.

Years and years later, since I went to university and got into this internet business as well as the importance of knowing who actually has influenced you, I came across the performers of those early influential tunes.

In fact it was only this year that I found that one Andrew Gold had recorded this song and apparently it didn't do too badly the pop charts when it was released. A really significant tune as I was into those kind of melodies and tune structures, etc.

All of that as a reason why I'm posting it today ... and indeed I hope it never slips away from memory either. I look forward to bequeathing me daughters with it in the fullness of time.

da man cd

No comments: