Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Al Pacino Plays Devil's Advocate

There is a profanity in this clip. Usually I wouldn’t allow it. I don’t condone it. I know it is common in the world we live in and few people can escape its reach, but that doesn’t make it right at all. I only post it on this entry because it plays its part in a great speech from a great performance in a great film.

If you ever get the chance I highly recommend you watch this film, with clear warnings. Like Godfather don’t watch it with the nippers. Unlike Godfather, I would seriously do some heavy protective praying before watching it. This film has some serious scenes that may cause offence and an upset stomach – it does not go easy in being graphic.

For all that the reason why I love the film is encapsulated in this speech. You don’t have to be a genius to guess the character that Al is playing and his argument is one genuinely spouted by those who would not claim to have any allegiance with the character. Some people genuinely hold to these views and think its OK. I genuinely believe holding those views puts you in sympathy with this character and on a slippery slope to a place you really don’t want to go.

In any case this speech is great, the film is great and the actor is great. Enjoy.

da man cd

No comments: