Sunday, September 28, 2008

Denzel Washington winning an Oscar® for Training Day

Well I’m off the Poitier trail, but I gotta give Denzel his dues. Well, almost. Were I to take acting seriously as a profession I would want to follow in his footsteps. He’s made some brilliant movies and he’s without doubt one of the best actors of my lifetime.

However, anyone with a shred of intelligence knows that this was a travesty. It’s a travesty in the sense that everyone knows that Training Day was not his best performance by a long shot. There’s a good argument that it wasn’t the best performance among those nominated. Anyone who watched even The Hurricane gave a better performance than this. They were Oscar winners.

Still, the brother can say at the end of the day that not only is he a Supporting Actor winner, but he got the big one. He deserves it (and doesn’t Julia Roberts just love him!). Enjoy

da man cd

No comments: