Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Elvis Presley - Amazing Grace

The spiritual commitment of rock/pop stars never ceases to fascinate me. The journey of Bob Dylan, the struggle of Marvin Gaye, the tragedy of Britney Spears, the resolve of Johnny Cash – these little sound-bites you get from time to time. I consume them with great interest.

I’m moving away from judgement and heavy criticism, but taking it all on board reminds me of the nature of this song. It’s about the force of God in grace rescuing me. This insinuates that I’m not in a position to save myself and am not in a position to keep myself rescued. So I need to remember that and keep that at the front of my life in remembering who I am and in engaging with others with a true spirit of grace.

I just wish that would be the case for all who love the themes in these songs so that we were singing our reality and not just a pleasant, inspiring melody. Enjoy.

da man cd

No comments: