Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dean Martin roast Bob Hope featuring Billy Graham?

I am a Bob Hope fan. Not because he was particularly funnier than any other man on the planet in history. Because he had a flair about him as an entertainer that I laughed at, I thought he was very good at what he did. Even if a film was bad and he was in it, he made it tolerable. I especially loved his MC skills and along with Bob Monkhouse I looked to these men as examples in how to entertain which is all about basically how to keep people enthralled by what you have to share with them.

Anyhow, I would have left this alone and not blogged it were it not for the remarkable appearance of Billy Graham on this roast. Billy Graham, as in the same hombre who is one of the world’s best loved evangelists on a roast for Bob Hope among the less than evangelical crew of Ron Reagan, Dean Martin and Jack Benny. I was surprised and not amused. Not in a prudish, just because his joke wasn’t funny and if you’re gonna tell a joke, make sure it’s funny. (What do you mean pot calling the kettle black?)

Anyhow, this is dated, but there are still some funny bits in it. Enjoy.

da man cd

No comments: