Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sidney Poitier accepting an Honorary Oscar®

You know the saying credit where credit’s due. This is that in action. I feel for Denzel in way, cos it’s so obvious that he’s reading from the teleprompter and that’s a shame. You also wonder if Samuel L Jackson will break into a smile at any time during the tribute.

I’ve been into acting since I was knee high to a grass-hopper, so the movies and these type of things have held sway over me for time. There’s a word for great actors and that word is gravitas. Just that sense of when someone is capable of holding a presence that you take very seriously.

Now the brother Poitier may very well be reading from a teleprompter, but even then he has a poise and a aura about him that would mean you could even have him reading from a telephone book and you’d be mesmerised.

In storytelling this is the style you want to have. If I can convey the reality of my life story and the reality of the gospel in so attractive a form, I’ll be alright. Enjoy.

da man cd

No comments: