Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stevie Wonder - Smile Please

It should be abundantly clear by now that I am a big Stevie Wonder fan. From 1995-2002 I made it my lifelong ambition to accumulate as much Stevie stuff as I could and particularly between 1996 and 2000 I was hot on the brother. I consider my time on the Stevie Wonder listserve as one of the best times of my life and meeting online such generous, loving and considerate people from around the world is an experience I will never forget. One of the things I enjoyed doing as an initiation for those new to the list was to ask for the best album opening track. This was my answer and remains to this day. I cannot think of a better track to open an album with and the theme and mood of it is some enchanting and captivating that I reckon it remains one of Stevie’s most underrated songs – ever! Enjoy.

da man cd

No comments: